If you are travelling from the UK and Cyprus has classified as Category B then you will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test obtained at a certified lab within 72 hours prior to departure to Cyprus for all passengers aged 12 years and older. The UK Government website instructs that you should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to Cyprus and that you should arrange to take a private test.
We have teamed up with Axiom, a UK laboratory who can provide a test within 24 hours of sample receipt. We must stress the importance of this as there are no refunds or change of dates if you do not travel due to not having test results back in time. Their website is https://www.axiomlab.co.uk/ The cost per test is £99 less 5% discount using code CyP2020#5
The procedure for the test is as follows:
- 10-14 days before travel you order a test kit online that is posted to your home address
- You follow the instructions provided to swab yourself (do this no more than 72 hours before you are due to travel)
- When you are ready to send the sample go online and complete the form at https://www.axiomlab.co.uk/SamplesReturning/AddSamples (this is very important)
- The postal label on your bag will have a tracking number - take a note of this number to track the sample to the lab
- Send the test in the pre-paid Royal Mail post bag by dropping it into your nearest post box (ensure you do this before the final collection time). You can also use the Royal Mail Priority post boxes . (please note Royal Mail do not deliver on Sunday)
- The test will then be delivered to the sorting office by 10am the next day and Axiom collect it from there
- Axiom test and provide a result within 24 hours of receipt
- One of Axioms doctors views and approves the report
- The report is sent to you by email and text message within 24 hours of the sample arriving in the lab
The laboratory run tests every day (except Sunday) from 9am. If, for example, your flight is on a Wednesday and you want to guarantee your test result are back in time you can hand deliver or private courier your results on a Sunday or early Monday morning up until 9am and the test will be done on Monday. The laboratory has a 24/7 drop box on the exterior wall to the left of the glass porch.